The overall aim of this programme is to provide the learner with skills and knowledge required for a position working in the administrative sector of the thoroughbred industry. The programme is designed to provide ‘how-to’ information on a variety of relevant tasks.
Delivered via blended learning, over 6 weeks (mostly evening time for ease of access, with 1 afternoon and 1 full day on campus), with the final week completed over 1.5 days. There are assessments associated with the core modules, including assignments and exams. The course content is supported via Moodle (an online access platform to support course content).
- You must attend all sessions and complete all assessments to successfully compete the course and receive certification.
- As the majority of the course will be delivered online, you must have access to a device with a camera & mic to attend the online sessions via Zoom and access the online course page via Moodle.
- You must have access to Microsoft Word & Excel to complete assessments.
- Industry visit
- Microsoft Word & Excel
- Racing Administration
- Health & Safety
- HR for small / medium business
- Marketing for small / medium business
- Stud Administration
- Panel session with industry representatives
When is the course delivered?
The course will be delivered on the following dates:
- Tuesday, 11th October 2022 (2 pm- 5 pm on RACE Campus)
- Tuesday, 18th October 2022 (6 pm – 7.30 pm online)
- Tuesday, 25th October 2022 (6 pm – 7.30 pm online)
- Tuesday, 1st November 2022 (6 pm – 7.30 pm online)
- Tuesday, 8th November 2022 (6 pm – 8 pm online)
- Tuesday, 15th November 2022 (6 pm – 8 pm online)
- Thursday, 17th November 2022 (9 am – 5 pm on RACE Campus)
How do I apply?
You should complete the Application Form by 30th of September 2022.
What is the cost of this course?
This course is subsidised by EQUUIP . The fee for the course is set at €200.00 payable to RACE at booking. Places are limited and will be offered according to applications received.
For queries, please contact Lisa on 045 522468 or email email@example.com