Thoroughbred Industry Traineeship
Course due to commence 12th February 2024
This course is suitable for anyone seeking to gain entry to pursue a career within the Thoroughbred Industry as a work / exercise rider.
The course is delivered over 24 weeks.
Trials commence the week of the 8th of January 2024.
Learners on this programme will learn and develop skills to enable them to work within the Thoroughbred Industry .i.e. Racing Yard , whilst gaining a better understanding of the Thoroughbred Industry.
The training for this course is funded by KWETB.
Further details will be provided at interview on the trial for the course.
Learn key skills required for a career in the Thoroughbred Industry.
- Course is a 24-week commitment and students will receive a weekly training allowance
- Students will work towards gaining QQI Level 5 accredited certificates
- The course is open to those who want to work full-time in the horse racing industry and applicants should have a reasonable level of previous riding experience
Who Can Apply
- You must be able to communicate effectively in English (listening, speaking, reading and writing).
- Have an interest in working with horses as a career and a reasonable level of physical fitness
- Prior equine experience and riding experience is required.
- Commitment to working within the Thoroughbred Industry in Ireland for a minimum of 12 months is required.
How To Apply
To apply, complete the Application Form
- Once an application is received, you will be contacted and notified if you are eligible to trial for this course.
- Fitness assessment target guidelines:
- Chin Hold (above bar) - 30 seconds
- Push Ups (on knees) - 40 in 1 minute
- Wall Squat - 2 minutes
- Plank - 2 minutes
Working in the Thoroughbred Industry involves a high level of physical activity and therefore candidates should be fit and leading active lives. If you have a diagnosed medical condition you MUST inform RACE ahead of assessment for this course. There is a standard medical questionnaire that must be completed as part of the application submitted (see link above).