To achieve the standard required learners should be able to:
- Read, draft, prepare and understand information across a range of topics.
- Produce, save and submit electronic files (primarily Word).
- Act with a considerable amount of responsibility and autonomy.
- Attend timetabled classes for the duration of the course.
- Complete self-directed hours of learning in the form of research, practice time, revision, preparation and study time.
- Be capable of participating fully in all programme related activities; physically and academically.
- Source and participate in a suitable work experience placement, where a learner cannot obtain work experience on their own, RACE will support them in finding suitable placement.
- As we hope to delivery elements of the programme through blended learning, you will need access to a device with a camera and audio and access to the internet.
Teaching & Learning
The programme is taught by a combination of methods including:
- Classroom-based (both face-to-face and virtual for blended learning programmes)
- Tutorials/ one on one supported learning
- Group discussions/group interactions
- Practical sessions
- Problem based learning
- Role Play
- Use of case studies
- Use of specialist guest speakers
- Work experience/ on the job training
The programme is assessed in different ways for different modules, but methods include:
- Skills demonstrations (practical assessments)