We have a selection of training options for those working in racing yards, primarily for stable staff but also for amateur jockeys and conditional jockeys, across a range of areas and for a variety of levels of experience.
STABLE STAFF TRAINING
- Basic safety & certified manual handling – 1 Day Course for new or less experienced staff carrying out basic stable staff role
- Advanced safety & certified manual handling – 2 Day Course for new staff who will be required to prepare horses for exercise and travel
- Horse care and management: Travel preparation and taking a horse racing – 2 Day Course for staff who will be required to prepare horses to go racing, accompany them and lead up at the races
- Rider improvement – 4 Day Course for staff who currently ride out quiet racehorses but need to improve their riding skills and or confidence when riding racehorses
- Advanced rider improvement – A number of 1/2 day training sessions for staff who currently school over obstacles as part of their role but need to improve their technical skills in this area
*Exercise Rider Course – A 12-week course to convert the skills of those with experience of riding non-thoroughbreds so that they can take up employment in a racing yard as an exercise rider. Click here to bring you to a separate section of website for further details and application procedures for the Exercise Rider Course.
AMATEUR JOCKEY RIDER SKILLS TRAINING
- Schooling preparation – 1 Day Course to improve riding skills in relation to schooling over obstacles, in preparation for an A3 Amateur riding license. Click for further information.
- Schooling progression – 1 Day Course to improve race riding skills in relation to taking part in Point-to-point races, for those who already hold an A3 Amateur riding license. Click for further information.
CONDITIONAL JOCKEY SKILLS TRAINING
- Advanced rider improvement – A number of 1/2 day training session for conditional jockeys who currently race ride but want to improve their technical skills
How to book?
Trainers should initially complete an application form giving an overview of the number of staff they have for training across the range of areas. RACE will then follow up to gather specific employee information and make bookings. Trainers can contact contact Sandra Hughes (Ph: 0873781739) or Lisa in the Training Department in RACE (Ph: 045 522468) or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information on training available.
Interested stable staff should contact contact Sandra directly (Ph: 0873781739) and she can reach out to trainers to let them know what’s available that might suit staff needs.
If you do not currently work in the racing industry but are either hoping to start, or have previously worked in the industry and would like to re-join, then please contact us via the details below.
Current dates scheduled for 2022:
We are currently delivering training based on demand. If you are interested in any of the above courses, please contact Lisa O’Brien on 045 522468 or email email@example.com
Get applications in ASAP so we can confirm delivery ASAP.